Policy store Object Types
Policy store contains mainly two types of objects :
- Siteminder objects (legacy objects )
- XPS objects.
Siteminder objects are legacy objects which include Domain, Agent, User directory, Realm, Rule, Policy etc. Each legacy object class instances are stored in respective database tables.
XPS objects are further divided into the following five categories:
- Data Dictionary: XPS objects of this category are XPS vendors, products, object classes, attributes, and other related objects; for example, CA.SM::Domain or CA.SM::Policy classes and their attributes. Objects of this type can only be managed with the XPSDDInstall command line tool.
- Policy Data: XPS objects of this category are instances of the object classes defined by the Data Dictionary; for example, Domain or Policy objects. This kind of objects corresponds to the objects stored in SiteMinder Policy Store. Objects of this type can be managed with WAM UI, XPS SDK, or the XPSExplorer command line tool.
- Security Objects: XPS objects of this category define the XPS Security Model. Objects of this type can be managed with WAM UI, XPS SDK, or the XPSSecurity command line tool.
- Configuration Parameters: XPS objects of this category define the configurable runtime environment of an XPS-based product (for example, SiteMinder Policy Server).
- Meta Dictionary: XPS objects of this category are the hardcoded objects needed to define the other types of objects; for example, CA.XPS::Class and CA.XPS::Attribute classes and their attributes. Some hardcoded configuration parameters also belong to this category. Meta Dictionary objects cannot be created, deleted, or updated other than in another XPS release.