Home Forums CA Single Sign-On Why webagent is not able to detect apache instance in Windows server?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dhilip 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Dhilip
    Participant

Hi Ujwol,

Many times in my experience, webagent is not able to detect apache instance on Windows server. So, I will end up doing manual configuration. But, I would like to know the reason beyond this.

I checked few posts and come to know that it checks for registry settings. But, in my environment, I am not able to find registry entries in lower and higher environments of a certain application. But, webagent is able to detect apache in 2 lower environment but not in other 2 higher environments.

Please let me know the procedure/checks which will be performed by webagent to detect apache instance?

Thanks.

ujwols
    Keymaster

Hi Dhilip,

Could you please specify :
    – Web Agent version (including CR)
    – OS details

Regards,
    Ujwol

Dhilip
    Participant

Hi Ujwol,

I have faced this issue in earlier versions as well. Currently, I am able to reproduce this issue on the servers with below specifications.
    Note : Specifications are same across all environments.

OS Name : Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
    OS Version : 6.3.9600 N/A Build 9600
    Web agent version : 12.52.102.766
    Web server version : Apache/2.4.29 (Win64)

Thanks.

Regards,
    Dhilip

ujwols
    Keymaster

Dhilip
    Participant

Hi Ujwol,

Thanks for your response. From the shared article, I understood that Apache(2.4) needs to be registered as a service for webgent wizard to detect the same. I am able to find the apache in the sevices.msc so I hope it is already registered as a service.

Could you please let me know if need to do any other check to confirm if it is registered as a service?

Regards,
    Dhilip

ujwols
    Keymaster

If you could find in services.msc then it means it is already registered as service. Are you able to start apache using service console?

Is webagnet cobfig wizard still not able to detect Apache instance?

Can you share your registry export for Apache?

Dhilip
    Participant

Ujwol,

Yes, I am able to start apache using services console.

Regarding registry entries, I am not able to find ‘Apache’ or Apache Software Foundation’ on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE. Could you please let me know how can I find/get registry export/entries?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.